Richmond KY Industrial Development Corporation
Madison County & Richmond at a Glance ..."Madison County - Open for Business"
- CENTRAL LOCATION - Bluegrass area, the heart of Kentucky & Madison County; within 600 miles of 50% of the U.S. population. Richmond is located 26 miles south of Lexington, Horse Capital of the World, and 110 miles southeast of Louisville, home of Churchill Downs
- COUNTY SEAT - Richmond (2014 population 33,556) is the county seat of Madison County (2015 population 87,824). Source: U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census.
- MARKET ACCESS -Industrial parks are 3 miles off I-75 via a four-lane highway; I-64 is just minutes north; Central Kentucky Regional Airport (formerly Madison Airport) is only 7 miles from the industrial parks with commercial air in Lexington, Louisville and Cincinnati; CSX rail.
- EDUCATED, ABUNDANT WORKFORCE - Home of Eastern Kentucky University, American National University and Madison County Area Technology Center; labor supply of 360,777 in a 13-county regional labor market area; Kentucky Work Ready Community;
- LOW BUSINESS COSTS - Competitive local wage rates; Kentucky's industrial sector electric power costs ranked 4th lowest nationwide in 2014; CNBC America’s Top States for Business, 2015 "Kentucky ranked 2nd overall in cost of doing business and 6th in cost of living."
- INCENTIVES - Available for qualified economic developments through the State of Kentucky; local incentives may apply.
- ROOM TO GROW - 187 acres shovel-ready land; streets w/curbs are installed; the environmental, archaeological, wetland & karst assessments are completed; acreage to be configured to meet your needs.
- QUALITY OF LIFE - Affordable housing; EKU Center for the Arts; Richmond Area Arts Center; Richmond Centre shopping center; Gibson Bay Recreational Complex;
Madison County KY - Statebook.com Information
Click logo for information.